At Wyatt Park Baptist Church, we believe God meets you where you are in every area of life and then loves you too much to let you stay there. As a part of that belief, we have helped define different levels of giving where people can identify where they are and then what their next step might be. We encourage every person to determine where they are in the giving process and then seek to take a next step in becoming more generous.
- Nothing to Something: This is where you go from giving nothing at all, to starting the process of generosity by giving something.
- Something to Significant: This is where you move from giving something to giving based on a percentage of your income. That percentage might be 2% or 7% or something else. The best part about this giving level is when you increase your income through raises or bonuses, your generosity automatically increases.
- Significant to Tithe: This is the movement from giving significantly (a percentage of your income) to giving 10%. A tithe (which literally means “tenth”) is defined as the first 10% of a person’s gross income that is to be brought back to God by giving to the local church. (Deuteronomy 14:23, Proverbs 3:9-10, Malachi 3:10)
- Tithe to Sacrificial: This is moving from the floor of generosity found in the Bible (the tithe) to giving above and beyond. Jesus always calls us to be willing to sacrifice everything we have for the sake of God’s glory.
You can also give using a few other methods:
· Online- wyattpark.net/giving—Click “Give Online by Clicking Here”
- Text Message - Simply text the amount you'd like to give to 816-237-5422 to receive a link to register at our simple and secure giving platform.
- By Mail - You can mail in cash or a check (made payable to “Wyatt Park Baptist Church”) at any time. Please send it to the following address: Wyatt Park Baptist Church, 2902 North Leonard Road, Saint Joseph, Missouri 64506.
- Weekend Services - If you would like to give generously during worship, we receive an offering each Sunday.
- Other - Some people like to give generously in different forms. If you’d like to discuss a possible gift of real estate, a vehicle, a trust or retirement account, credit card reward points or airline miles, stocks, bonds, other appreciated marketable securities, or another unique gift, please contact us at [email protected] .